Happy New Year, everyone! What an exciting time to be alive and blogging and learning another language! For the newbies, #clearthelist is a community of language learners to share their goals – look to Lindsay at Linsday Does Languages or Shannon from Eurolinguiste,Kris from Actual Fluency, and Angel from French Lover. Without further ado…
How did I do last month?
- Read at least one intermediate-level Swedish book | Did this and read Hjärngäng and it was very interesting and funny. Totally recommend it!
- Finish Swedish 5, Funny Swedish, and Swear words on Memrise | I didn’t quite finish Swedish 5 (I’m close!)but did finish Funny Swedish and Swear words
- Get almost halfway through 450+ Swedish nouns in definite form (currently 45/471), Swedish idioms and colloquialisms (currently 30/281), and Top 201 Swedish verbs (currently 35/600) | Okay, I didn’t do great with this portion but I think that maybe I bit off more than I could chew when creating my goals/programs on Memrise. Leason learned 🙂
- Watch every episode of julkalenden (a Swedish Christmas show). | Check!
- Speak Swedish with my boyfriend every day | This went really well actually!
Spanish and Portuguese
- Listen to Buenos Dias, America at least twice a week | Went above and beyond on this part
- Find a podcast I like in Portuguese | Fell in love with Cafe Brasil and have been listening to it once a week
- Start following other bloggers/social media accounts in Spanish and in Portuguese | Found a couple twitter accounts that I liked in both but no blogs (yet)
What will I do this month?
(I’ll been heading back to Sweden at the end of the month so it is crunch time!)
- Speak Swedish with a native speaker 3x a week.
- Listen to Radio Sweden på Lätt Svenska and Klartext 5 times a week.
- Devote 15 minutes every day to Memrise.
- Find a vlogger (hopefully fitness or politics focused) in Swedish
Spanish & Portuguese
- Listen to every new episode of Cafe Brasil and Buenos Dias, America
- Speak Spanish with my brother or my boyfriend once a week (They are both intermediate speakers)
- Interact with Spanish and Portuguese speaking blogs. Any suggestions?
What did I learn?
Wow, I can be too ambitious ; sometimes, that’s great and I surprise myself but other times, I get too overwhelmed by something that is supposed to be fun and helpful. I tried to learn from this and incorporate language learning more seamlessly into daily life instead of on top of it.
What are you doing for language learning this new year? What languages are you focusing on? Leave me a comment below!